Giving someone a healthy treat, then why not the banana bread? The bread itself has a lovely taste, but when made with the ingredients that are good for anyone’s health, why not try that. You have to swap some components to get healthy banana bread. In the following article, we get to know about Healthy banana bread? So please don’t skip the article from anywhere and read it carefully because it will be very useful for all of you guys.
The banana bread is soft, moist, and loved by adults and toddlers. You need to have a few ingredients, bowls, and measuring items to move on with the recipe.
Usually, the banana bread that many of us bake is made from all-purpose flour and sugar. It may also include butter. But, this recipe that we will share with you is purely healthy as having whole wheat flour as a main ingredient of bread. We can use a variety of flours for making this banana bread. The list includes all-purpose flour, whole wheat pastry flour, white whole wheat flour. You can choose any of the flour above to make banana bread.
Some Healthy tips
The main tip to keep in mind is the measurement of flour properly. You might be wondering how to measure it correctly. So, don’t worry and continue reading to know the trick deeply. Spoon out the flour in the measuring cup. Don’t heap the measuring cup. Level the flour in the measuring cup using a knife or spatula. This will remove the excess flour that we do not need. You can change the sugar with honey. This honey will give a sweet taste to your bread, and the bread will have low calories compared to the one made with white sugar.
Healthy Banana Bread
What more ingredients will you need to make healthy banana bread? You will need vegetable oil or extra Virgin oil, honey, eggs, whole wheat flour, mashed bananas that should be ripped, milk or water, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.
- Preheat the oven and grease the loaf pan of 9×5 inches to start with the recipe.
- Next, you must mix oil and honey in a bowl with a whisk.
- Once it is adequately whisked, add eggs and beat. Then add milk and ripe mashed bananas. Whisk well at this moment.
- At this time, you have to add salt, vanilla essence, cinnamon powder, and baking soda. Keep in mind, baking soda and baking powder are different. You have to use baking soda in this recipe.
- Now, firmly fold the wheat flour in this batter to avoid lumps. Fold it gently and then transfer it to the greased pan.
- You can sprinkle cinnamon powder on the batter.
- Let the batter bake in the oven for a maximum of 50 to 55 minutes.
- Check 5 minutes before the time with a toothpick. If the toothpick comes clean, the loaf of banana bread is done.
- Take it out of the oven and keep it aside to let it cool. Once it has cooked down on the rack, and then slice it.
- You can make its variants by adding almonds, cashews, or chocolate chips to the batter. But it’s all up to you. Or the way you like.