Cooking a stuffed turkey is considered one of the most time-consuming and difficult dishes. It requires an optimum temperature and time settings to coom perfectly. It is harder to cook a perfectly roasted yet juicy stuffed turkey than cooking chicken breast. In the following article, we get to know about How long to cook a stuffed turkey? So please don’t skip the article from anywhere and read it carefully because it will be very useful for all of you guys.
A stuffed turkey is not a common dish that can make every week. It is a special item that requires time and concentration, and people cook it around 2 to 3 times a year. Whenever there is a special occasion, people always have a stuffed turkey in their heads.
The problem lies with its perfectly cooked juicy meat and tenderness. Keep reading the article if you know the optimum temperature and time to get a perfectly cooked stuffed turkey.
How long to cook a stuffed turkey?
It becomes thick after stuffing a turkey with your favorite stuffing and requires a lot of time to get cooked perfectly.
- The very first step is to choose your favorite stuffing. You may get it from the market or make it at home with your favorite spices and everything.
- Now cut the turkey near its belly and clean it from the inside out.
- Once it is all clean and washed, start filling it with your favorite stuffing. Go slow and do not overfill, or it will start getting out of the turkey, and everything will be messy.
- While preparing your turkey, set the oven to preheat.
- If necessary, you can sew the cut from the sides, or it will be good that way.
- Brush it with some oil and place it in the oven. Now is the time it takes to get golden brown and cook perfectly.
A lot of brands are available in the market with different heats. A standard has been set to resolve the problem of setting temperature and estimated time for cooking.
If the turkey weighs around 10 pounds to 20 pounds, the time required for a complete roast is between 3 and a quarter hours to 3 and a half hours. If the stuffed turkey weighs from 12 pounds to 14 pounds, the roast time will increase up to 4 hours. For a turkey weighing 14 pounds to 18 pounds, the time required is about 4 and a half hours. Likewise, if the stuffed turkey weighs 20 pounds to 24 pounds, the cooking time may increase up to 5 and a quarter hours for a complete golden appearance.
So, keep on checking your stuffed turkey after every 15 minutes. When the stopwatch struck 3 hours, you can use a meat thermometer to check the temperature. It would not allow you to open the oven again n again.
Within the stuffing, the temperature should be around 165 degrees. When the breast temperature is measured, it should be about 170 degrees, and the temperature in the thighs should be near 175 degrees.
When the turkey is removed from the oven, it rises to 5 degrees Fahrenheit. So, please do not touch it with bare hands to check.
Also read: how to get a flat stomach