I do not know what would be right to say, but I have noticed that it has become a trend to eat seafood, especially sushi (raw fish), calamari, crabs, lobsters, etc. Every second you pass might be munching on prawns or having crab soup. The trend of having seafood has grown during the last decade and is projected to grow further. In the following article, we get to know about How to cook lobster tail? So please don’t skip the article from anywhere and read it carefully because it will be very useful for all of you guys.
Amongst the seafood variety, you might have seen people loving eating lobsters these days. Eating lobsters are considered classy and elegant. Maybe this is because it is very expensive and cannot be afforded by just anyone. I have not had a lobster till now. It is said to have a generous amount of meat, especially in the lower region extending to the tail.
It has a little fresh sweet taste which is not overpowering to ruin the originality of the meat itself. So, it has to be cooked very carefully because when it is overcooked like the other different seafood, it gets hard, and the texture starts to resemble that of rubber, that is, chewy and gummy. This is because of the long fibrous strands of muscles present in the seafood, which should not be overcooked to retain the taste and texture.
How to cook lobster?
There are so many ways to cook lobster. You can broil it, boil it, grill it or shallow fry it. Today we will discuss the grilling method as it was tried by one of my friends, and I felt like sharing it with all of you.
- First of all, melt the butter and add a crushed clove of garlic with parsley leaves or if not available in your region, coriander will suffice.
- Then add a teaspoon of good quality mustard paste to the same mixture, followed by some chilli powder and a lemon properly squeezed to give it a tangy flavour. Note that this mixture with butter can be made earlier, like 2 to 3 days before cooking the lobster. It will not produce a bad odour.
- Then comes the tricky part. Now you will have to thaw the lobster. Thawing is the process in which you will have to open up the lobster shell by using scissors and your own hands. The tricky part here is not to destroy the meat. Let it retain its shape and do not deform it at all.
- Now carefully place it on a tray and pour the butter mixture you have previously prepared.
- Now you will grill the meat for at least 10 minutes, ensuring it does not burn or get chargrilled. It should have nice light golden brown grill marks on the meat.
- Please put it on the plate and serve it with some cold salad or a sauce to dip and enjoy. You can also add fried potatoes to the plate to make it look full.
Also read: how to boil corn.